Thursday, July 14, 2022

Hippest Hippos Spotlight Technique

 Hippest Hippos Spotlight Technique

I cased this card from Diana Gibbs (Stamp with Di). She showed how to do this awesome spotlight technique. After seeing her card and watching her video, I knew that I had to share it with you guys.


MEASUREMENTS: 
Cardbase- 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 scored @ 4 1/4
Basic White Mat- 5 X 3 3/4 & 5 1/4 X 4
Poppy Parade CS- 5 1/2 X 4 1/2
BASIC GRAY CS- 5X 3/4

I made a YouTube video showing how to do the spotlight technique.  Click link below for video
INSTRUCTIONS: 

After you complete the spotlight technique, color the Hippo with blends. I gave my ballerina a leotard (Parakeet Party) to go with her tutu. I used a white Signo pen (not a Stampin Up product) for the polka Dots on her tutu and cheeks

 For the Poppy Parade "stage curtain" 

To add dimension to the Ruffles in the curtain, I put Versamark Ink on the Cascading Ruffles EF. Then I put the Poppy Parade CS in the folder, and ran it through the Stampin Up Cut and Emboss machine. Allow CS to dry before continuing to next step.

 Once dry, cut a 2 X 5 1/2 inch strip from the Mat you embossed and cut with Scalloped die.  Cut remaining embossed CS to make the side curtains. 2x 3 3/4

Adhere Scalloped Stage Curtian with dimensionals 





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful World and Dots & Spots

 This card uses the Dots and Spots Die, that is now available, for free with Sale-A-Bration, when you place a $100.00 order in my on line st...